Who’s ready for The Smoke?
This is was so much more awesome than I was expecting it to be. Just need the Law and Order:UK and Sirens crossover now…
"I really hated seeing reviews about how Pacific Rim knew how dumb it was. I propose the opposite. The movie works because it doesn’t know how dumb it is. There are no winky asides pointing out how silly it is that they’re using giant robots to fight giant monsters. No one subverts the ridiculous names. No one groans when “Stacker Pentecost” tells people to go to the “Shatterdome” and go inside “Gipsy Danger”. It is nothing but a beacon of sincerity, and I have to respect that. I mean, yes, it’s a riff on a once allegorical sub-genre that kind of devolved into cheapness and fan wank, but Guillermo Del Toro, he’s no dummy. There’s a very pulpy, neon beauty to this movie. It’s a special effects triumph, sure, but it’s also kind of a story triumph. Swiftly drawn, unforgettable characters, grown out of archetype, but humanized beyond archetype. And it’s a more progressive movie than you’d expect of the Hollywood blockbuster. It’s not a unilateral force where there’s a problem and only ‘Murica can stop it. I liked that the story is truly a team effort, that everyone’s little contributions add up to save the day. It’s a smarter narrative than what I was expecting, and…screw it, I like seeing robots punch giant monsters."
Kyle Kallgren on Pacific Rim (x)
"EVERYONE FELL OVER!!!!!!!!!"
Massively enjoying the BBC Snowboard commentating
Pacific Rim on Ice!
Herc:What a darling Max
Otachi&baby:Newton and Hermann GO FOR IT!
THE BEST BODYCHECK OF ALL TIMES AMEN.
and i’m pretty hella gay
this brief discussion is over
- starfleet: we're glad you're home
- starfleet: we've been reviewing your records
- janeway: k when is my promotion
- starfleet: what makes you think you're getting a promotion
- janeway: my future self told me all about it when she broke the temporal prime directive and brought me stolen future technology
- starfleet: yeah so in that vein there are some things we need to discuss
- janeway: if there's a problem with the paperwork blame chakotay
- janeway: i don't do forms i do holographic irish bartenders and former borg drones
- doctor: i can assure you that while in the delta quadrant we conducted ourselves with grace and dignity according to the highest principles of starfleet
- b'elanna: yeah step off our balls you weren't there you don't know
- tom: yeah you weren't there that time we stole a keg of omega molecules from some douchebag aliens who were going to blow up the quadrant
- harry: or that time we played space nascar and ended up in the center of a terrorist plot
- tom: or that time we were all super horny and built a fake irish city so that we could get drunk and laid
- harry: or when we tied that guy to a chair and waited for the aliens to eat him because he wouldn't tell us what we wanted to know
- tom: oh shit remember that time i got 30 days for ignoring the wishes of some foreign government and destroying their mining operation
- harry: that was almost as crazy as the time you restored that old shuttle but then it fell in love with you and tried to kill b'elanna
- b'elanna: speaking of which remember when that bomb i made for the maquis came back and tried to kill us
- chakotay: that reminds me of when seska stole my dna and tried to impregnate herself with my child
- tom: nothing will ever compare to the time me and the captain had kids and left them on that planet
- janeway: we were young and innocent then
- tom: how many lizard years to a human year i feel like i should send a birthday card
- janeway: like 6
- tom: you don't even know you're just saying that
- janeway: you should talk you're such an absent father
- tom: oh no you didn't
- janeway: i didn't even want kids
- starfleet: is there a reason you stenciled PARTY BUS on the side of voyager
- janeway: is there a reason i shouldn't have